Distorter Porter (Greenbush Brewing Company)

This porter was next up in the Greenbush taproom. I had some mixed feelings about this, which resolved themselves as I sat down to write this and looked at the Greenbush description.

As I sat down with this brew I noticed a near boil over in the lab....sorry, I couldn't help make it the backdrop for this picture!

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This was a black brew with a coffee-colored head that stuck around for a while. It smelled like roasted malt.

Taste: Roast! All over the place. It was creamy, almost like a lactose milk stout. I'm reading the description to include below....and yeah, they hit it dead on. I'd just say that it's a delicious stout-ish porter.

From the Greenbush site:
A stout-ish porter with a touch of porter-ish stout.

Accepting the fact that we live in confusing times, Greenbush offers up it's own "ball of confusion," with Distorter - a robust porter blurring the lines between a porter and a stout. Have a bottle or get therapy.

Grain: Maris Otter, Crystal 60L, British Chocolate, Black Malt, Roasted Barley

Hops: East Kent Goldings, Willamette, Cascade

Yeast: House yeast

Comments

Popular Posts