Double Bubble (Rush River Brewing Co.)

I was introduced to Rush River on a recent trip to WI & MN. My friend in the area said that she had heard good things. The brewing facility was just about 10 miles from where I was sitting. I was at an Irish pub, being helped by an English waitress, so why not have a WI beer? I started off with a bottle of this Imperial IPA.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: I liked the label. It was clean, modern and colorful. I could smell the citrus hops from the bottle over the restaurant smells.

Taste: It had a citrus-bitter taste, pith. It was smoothed out with maltiness. I tasted the honey; it wasn't just a novelty ingredient. It also didn't stand out of place. This was a nicely balanced IPA. I'd definitely order it at the pub and buy it for my stash.

From the Rush River site:
Originally our summer seasonal, demand has forced us to offer the Double Bubble all year long, and we don’t mind one bit. This hop-whopper is the bigger brother to our very popular Bubblejack India Pale Ale. Light in color, the hops do the talking in this full-bodied ale. For this version, we’ve doubled the hops, and added three pounds of local honey per keg. Extremely smooth and slightly sweeter than the original, a little bit goes a long way.

Comments

Popular Posts