Indian Boundary Ale (Limestone)

I met a friend up over at Limestone for dinner. I enjoyed a pint from the tap at the bar. It was a patio kind of night, with just a bit of chill in the air.

I revisited this Indian Brown Ale from the MWBF.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was black with a foamy head. It had a medium roasted smell to it.

Taste: It was roasted. It was bitter with hops. To balance that out it had some creaminess to it and a touch of malty flavor. To sum it up, good brew. My friend was trying to swap me for her oatmeal stout! I'd definitely order it again. I will say it's a hearty beer. It lasted me through the appetizer and my meal!

From the Limestone site:
This is an India Brown Ale - a newer style classification created by the American craft brew revolution. Based loosely upon the traditional IPA, this brew is more American and a hybrid of a traditional brown ale and an American Pale Ale. Being highly hopped with Cascade and Centennial hops, gives it a floral aroma and finish. A hint of roastiness (found behind the hop-forward flavor) comes from a very slight addition of roasted barley (which makes it brown in color, too). Truly an “outside the boundaries” beer – something we plan to continue with.

Comments

Popular Posts