Ronaldo (Three Floyds)

I haven't been to the pub in a while, but I went back today. When I saw this port barrel-aged Moloko, it was a must have...twice. My wish was answered for a BA this year. I think last was bourbon, but I'm not sure (pre-blog).

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This stout was a blackish with a red tint that made it burgundy around the edges. It had a coffee-colored head that dissipated quickly. It smelled of...cherries. I knew it was a port from the glance at the description, but I was surprised.

Taste: I was more surprised when I tasted it. It was very tart. It was a sour meets a stout. The acid from that cherry taste cuts through any creaminess it may have had. It hides it's ABV well enough. I love stouts, and I adore sours, so this was a dream for me. I passed up a Munsterfest for another goblet of this goodness. In love.

From the menu:
An incredibly sexy and talented beer. This prodigy ale is our Moloko milk stout aged in a Portuguese port barrel for one year with tart and sweet cherries. Do yourself a favor.

Comments

Popular Posts