Second Wind (Mt. Pleasant Brewing Company)

I was given a bottle of this wheat earlier this summer. I just found the notes in my archives. Too busy enjoying summer, not enough time to write!

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This was gold with a light white head that dissipates quickly. I can smell the wheat on it, which is decent for a filtered wheat.

Taste: I get the grainy wheat up front. No citrus in this one. The smell was nice as I drank it. It was almost bready with the yeast and grain.  It was a decent summer beer. Was light, not super crisp. Pretty substantial without a lot of complexity.

From the Mt. Pleasant site:
Authentic Bavarian Wheat Ale with hints of banana and clove

Too many times it's been overheard, I would have another, if only I could catch my second wind? Now there is no excuse. This wonderfully different ale often takes its drinkers by surprise with its complex flavors created by the one of a kind weizen yeast. Its smooth, easy to drink and simply delicious. This gorgeous, medium bodied beer starts out with yeasty character and finishes off, happily, with a delicate spicy flavor. The adventurous will pair this beer up with everything from pizza to a hearty Rueben. Some of our patrons also insist that Second Wind Wheat is our best summertime beer, so pack a few for your next beach visit. Just one sip, and you will understand why some say its sweet summertime in a bottle.

Comments

Popular Posts