Two Brothers: Just like Family

I stopped in at Two Brothers Tap House after trying a couple of their brews and trying a few more at the MWBF. We were finally out that way, and I wanted to stop in for some high-quality food to go with their high-quality beer.

We punched the address into our GPS and started out. As we got closer, we looked at each building to catch it before the GPS told us we were there (that's how we roll). But, we didn't see it. The GPS told us we passed it. We turned around and slowly rolled down the street. We spotted a tank near the back of the lot and drove up. Still no sign or marking of any kind, but we walked up to the door. We made it!! Bottom-line on getting there, you have to know it's there. Two Brothers Tap Room is a destination.


We walked in and were greeted with genuine smiles. We walked over to the bar. When I walked in I heard the music. It was upbeat and my kind of tunes. It wasn't too loud either. It was background music. They had an unobtrusive TV hanging near the bar. I could see the brewing operations through the window next to the bar. It was pretty standard...then I saw the oak foudres! Super cool. Serious stuff.

I sat down and looked around. It was clean. I could see most of the kitchen from my spot at the end of the bar. The dining/bar was an open-ish area, but still cozy with the decor. The lighting was perfect and the color scheme was warm.

The bartender and other staff seemed very attentive without being overbearing. Their beer selection was really good, providing a selection for most tastes (light, wheaty, roast, hoppy). I ordered my Atom Smasher and got down to the food menu.

They offered a good selection in food. It was more than just bar food. The appetizers looked delicious, and the entrees looked tasty. We ended up with the pizza, tempted by the Prairie Path Ale crust and farm-fresh, thick cut, smoked bacon. We added some goat cheese and artichoke hearts and had the perfect pizza.

I asked about the sauce. Was it spicy, sweet? I was told that it was not spicy, but the bartender brought out an amazing collection of hot sauces. Ranging from Cheech Marin to voodoo sauces. Extra customer service points!

The pizza came out, and I was in heaven. They did not skimp on the goat cheese. It was good cheese too, fresh and creamy. The bacon was premium cured meat. The mozzarella was gooey and stringy. The artichoke hearts added that little salty freshness. The crust was crunchy but airy at the same time. It had a bit of sweetness that the brewers yeast/malt will get you. Divine.

We ate, I ordered a Bitter End. Then I eyed the pub pretzels. They were huge and soft. They looked delicious. I settled for a portion of the pizza, packed the rest in a box and ordered the pretzels.

The pretzels arrived stacked two high with two sauces nestled on the plate: a yummy cheese sauce and a honey mustard. The honey mustard was the real deal. It was proper stone-ground, wild mustard with fresh honey stirred in. I got the spice and the sweet. This is how honey mustard should be done. The pretzels were my favorite chewy, soft, crispy contradictory texture. I highly recommend them if you like a good pretzel.

Overall, a fine place to drink and eat. I will be back as often as I can!

Comments

Popular Posts