Bivy Surfer Pale (Figure 8)

We were out and about and passed the Figure 8 taproom. We hadn't passed the spot for over a year. I heard news that they were moving to a more central location (cheers to them). So, we stopped into this tiny hideaway for one last drink at this location.

This APA was not one that was available when I visited last year. My other half ordered it, and I had some very healthy tastes. I couldn't resist notes for next time. *Overall note to self: order again for some dry, woody goodness!*

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This had very thick lacing as we drank it down. It had a thick foamy head. I got a light scent of earthy hops. It was an orange-tinted brown/light amber.

Taste: This APA was super woody! It had a sharp bitterness to it and a dry finish. It was wood without the floral or sap. I recommend this one for all dry hoppy beer lovers.

From the menu:
A blend of four grains, chinook and warrior hops. The deep amber color highlights the fortitude of the piney tones and  lingering bitterness.

Comments

Popular Posts