Chesebro (Ladyface Alehouse)

I had a pour of this IPA from the tap at Stone's bistro. I had to have a local brew, and this one is brewed out of Agoura Hills, CA. (I must have just passed it when I went out to Oxnard!)

If I wasn't going to have another Stone brew (after the four I had in the tasting), I needed something wonderful. This fit the bill.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This brown brew had an amber tint. It was very bubbly. I could see the tiny bubbles moving around throughout the glass. All of those little bubbles rose up to form a thin white and bubbly head. I could smell earthy and floral hops.

Taste: It had a similar hop flavor as Panzer Wolf, but seemed to have more complexity to it. It was woody and floral at the same time. It was dry, very dry.

This is a special beer. This is a sipping beer. This is a good beer.

Ladyface Alehouse & Brasserie will have to be a destination next time I'm out that way.

From the Ladyface site:
Named for a local canyon, deep amber in color, this Double IPA has a powerfully floral aroma of grapefruit, pine and tropical fruits. Full bodied with subtle malt tones. Brewed with 11 different hop additions and moderately bitter, the emphasis is on hop flavor and aroma and a long, hoppy finish. Bronze Medal-winner. Great with burgers and cheese!

Comments

Popular Posts