Demolition (Goose Island)

I just can't get away from GI. I really don't love them, but their beers are generally drinkable. I was in Terminal 3 at ORD and sat at the GI pub/restaurant before the flight for a quick bite and local beer. This Belgian-style Golden Ale was one I hadn't had before.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: The color was a really light gold. It had a super frothy head. I could smell the sugar and floral hops. It had moderate to heavy lacing as I drank it down.

Taste: I got that standard GI yeasty taste. I know this was probably a different strain than their normal ale...but I always get this taste. It was sweet with floral hops. It had this one flavor that was hard to place. It was an almost grassy, green flavor. That was different. Added something to this brew. I wouldn't go out of my way for it; other great Belgians are easily available.

From the bottle:
Brewed to honor the brave souls who kept our brewpub open while wrecking balls tore down the mall around us. Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts