Slip of the Tripel (Figure 8)

I dropped into the Figure 8 taproom a year or so after my first visit. Not only have they maintained operations in the past year and six months of business, they are expanding.

This Belgian-Style Tripel was a new brew to me.


General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This was a dark amber with a light ring of a head. It smelled like sugar.

Taste: I got sweet and a certain spice on my first sip. It was creamy and coated my mouth. It was juicy. I got a little banana in the aftertaste....probably because I read the description! It wasn't bad banana though. It was just a little sugary richness. This hid it's 10% ABV very well. I though it was a smooth brew. I'd definitely order this one if it was available.

From the F8 site:
Doubly fermented, initially sweet, its yeast esters emit complex notes of spice, phenol, banana, and alcohol with a slightly bitter finish - a fine autumnal offering.

Comments

Popular Posts