15th Anniversary and Red Hill (Tustin Brewery)

I've been off living life, now it's time to finish catching up on my beer notes and other posts. To wrap up my CA beer experience, I visited Tustin Brewery in Tustin, CA. We met Mr. K's college friend. I couldn't have asked for better company to enjoy these two brews. The bad part was that I had just eaten the most disgusting, potentially rancid taco, so my stomach wasn't into this....but my taste buds were.

Below are my short notes.


15th Anniversary
Look and Smell: This gold bitter had a bubbly white head. It left thick lacing as I drank it down. I couldn't smell much over the bar.

Taste: This 11.5% didn't hide the booziness at all. It was sweeter than expected. Orange citrus and wood came through for me.

Red Hill Red
Look and Smell: It was a dark brown with a reddish tint. It had a frothy white/off-white head. It was creamy and left that light lacing on the glass.

Taste: I got the standard grain, biscuity grain. It was quite tasty.

From the Tustin site:
A full-bodied deep amber ale with an emphasis on malt flavor. Munich and crystal malts contribute greatly to the complex character found in this fine ale.

I also had a taste of their funky farmhouse beer. Then they gave me the last pint of it so they could change the tap. It wasn't skunked for being the bottom...seems like they go through kegs really quickly.



Comments

Popular Posts