Black Corridor (Figure 8)

The second brew I had on my quick visit to Figure 8's taproom was an Imperial Chocolate Stout. A nice way to round it off.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This black brew had a creamy off-white head that just wouldn't quit. It hung around through my whole experience. I smelled like creamy chocolate.

Taste: The bitterness of this beer cuts through the cream. The creaminess comes back for the aftertaste. Did I mention it was creamy? For some reason this beer brought up thoughts of roasted chestnuts. It was really silky...I know...just another way to say creamy, but no it was a silky almost oily quality. That sounds bad, but this brew was nothing but goooood. I think this is a standalone beer. It might go well with some dark chocolate desserts or raspberry chocolate goodness. But I think it's better solo.

From the F8 site:
a blend of four grains and East Kent Goldings hops yields notes of dark ripe fruits and deep meaty roastiness with a rich full body, slick / oily mouthfeel, and a lingering chocolate ganache finish.


*Ha! The description talks about oiliness! Wonder if I caught on to that from the menu....

Comments

Popular Posts