Lost Saint (Figure 8)

We were headed out to Valparaiso for some brunch, and couldn't pass Figure 8 without stopping. They still haven't moved into their new location on the square, but I enjoy this little hideaway off the main drag. This Saison was my first pick. I was in the mood for something light and a touch sour.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This gold brew had a light white head. It was just a little ring around the top. I didn't note a smell to it. Must have been pretty light.

Taste: For me, I tasted apples and a grassiness to it. Maybe a floral hop smell. I got a little spice (that I couldn't place) in the aftertaste. Very good and clean. I'd definitely order this again if it was available.

From the F8 site:
also known as a farmhouse style, featuring crisp spices both in taste and nose, a traditional after work brew for the field workers in the farms of Belgium. Pairs well with a salad and red vinegarette dressing.


Comments

Popular Posts