Dreadnaught (Three Floyds)

I first tried this 3F standard before I started keeping notes. I was at a local bar and decided to support a local brewery. It's been a while since I had a pour of it.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This gold brew has a thin-ish head of tiny little bubbles. It really sticks around leaving heavy lacing on the glass.....lots of hoppy oils. I smelled those very woody hops.

Taste: Hoppy goodness. Earthy and floral. That is all.

From the FFF site:
A hophead’s dream beer. This Imperial India Pale Ale has an opening salvo of mango, peach and citrus hop aromas that sit atop a pronounced caramel malt backbone. Although Dreadnaught is a strong and intensely hoppy ale, its complex flavor is both smooth and memorable.

**You know, that floral hop did go a bit on the fruity peach side. I could very much see that.

Comments

Popular Posts