Mammoth (Greenbush)

It has been a long while since I've gone out to the Greenbush taproom. I saw this winter weizenbock and thought I'd give it a shot.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was a thick, cloudy brown. It had a lacy head. It smelled of dark fruit.

Taste: It was like oaked prunes. It was sour. It was good, just not what I was expecting. I was wondering if my glass got switched with Mr. K, though he had gotten some pint of something. I was not thinking a beer called Mammoth would be served in a pint glass. I was really expecting something more grainy and malty. My internet search supports the dark fruitiness of this. I guess I can add a new beer type to the list. Once I accepted what I was drinking, it wasn't bad.

From the Greenbush site:
This one rises up from the depths of winter to breathe new life into the old beast (that's you, bub). Mammoth is what the name implies and if you don't know what that means, try a glass or two.

Grain: White Wheat, Belgian Munich, 2-Row Caramel Malt 10L, Crystal Malt 60L, Melanoidin Malt, Chocolate Malt, Wheat Flakes
Hops: Saaz
Yeast: House yeast

Comments

Popular Posts