Osiris (Sun King)

I'm listening to "She Belongs to Me" as I write this She has an Egyptian ring that sparkles before she speaks.Trying to get a little bit of a mental summer this mind-numbing week I've been busting out some of my lighter brew selection. I found this Sun King Pale ale that I was given this past summer.

This is another one that I probably should have drank a few months ago...but rest assured, this one was still just fine too. I've had it before, just no notes. So I didn't get a picture until after it was all gone....but I did have a picture from Trion's Brew Haven!

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This gold brew had a light white head made up of tiny bubbles. It smelled a bit woody and slightly pithy.

Taste: I could taste the orange pith, but the malty aftertaste balanced it out. It's a very drinkable beer. I'd recommend you try it if you're ever in the Indy area. I've got much respect for Sun King. They are paving the way for small-scale brewers in Indiana. I don't go out of my way for it, but I don't go out of my way for much. I'm spoiled by the easy access to a variety of wonderful craft brews.

From the Sun King site:
An assertively hopped west coast style pale ale. Every aspect of this beer is designed to showcase the hops without overpowering your taste buds.

Comments

Popular Posts