Sahti (New Belgium)

This sahti is one of New Belgium's Lips of Faith Series brews. I was in the mood for something lighter, and I hadn't tried NB's version of a sahti yet. I was not disappointed.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was a medium gold-amber with a tiny-bubbly, white-ish head. It smelled lightly fruity and floral.

Taste: The flavor was slightly pollen-like. It was juicy without being sugary. I tasted some fresh honey too. Like when you lick the spoon after a pour. The juniper was clearly there too. Like a clean, smooth gin (very light, but noticeable to me). I got flavors like a candied lemon peel too, which made it refreshing. This was a good pick-me-up on a cold winter day. Much better than the GI attempt. I can't compare it to DFH, it's been too long.

For some reason, this Lips of Faith release is not on the NB site. They have 11 others of that series listed. So either this was really old...or a bootleg bottle.

From the bottle:
A sahti is a Finnish rye ale brewed with juniper. A settee is a seat for more than one. A soiree is enjoying this cascade & amarillo hopped, orange & lemon peel spiced hazy amber sahti on your settee with your sweetie.

Comments

Popular Posts