Wit Kicker (Figure 8)

This is F8's new imperial wit. It really intrigued me. Imperial is generally associated with an intensity of hops. This winter I've been drinking more witbiers than I normally drink even in the summertime. I'm not sure if it's a bready craving, or what! I was stuffed from brunch and two pours of a couple of their other brews already, but I still had to try a half pint. It was good enough for me to take home a growler.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This thick, cloudy, yellow wheat had frothy white head that settled into a white ring for head. It smelled of citrus.

Taste: It was so lemony (juice/fruit) and pithy. It was as if I was eating citrus that I had done a bad job of peeling. The pith might have also been part of the imperial hopping flavor. It was thick and warming. It was like liquid bread. It's a good comfort beer that picks you up from the winter doldrums with the citrus tastes.

From the F8 tap list:
Higher in hops and alcohol than the traditional wit. Orange peel and Belgian wit yeast yield citrus and zest to the flavor profile. German hops give this wit a little kick.

Comments

Popular Posts