Wheat Ale (Upland)

I enjoyed a glass of this brew at a beer and food pairing at Pikk's Tavern in Valparaiso, IN. I've tasted this brew before, but it was pre-blog. I got the cloudy bottom of the pitcher, and I think that gave it a very nice bready taste. It is a good, standard, wheat.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was a cloudy, almost pastel yellow. It poured with a very thick foamy head, even after sitting in a pitcher for a while.

Taste: It was thick in consistency but light in flavor. As hearty was it was, it wasn't heavy. The light citrus picked it up. I tasted the bready yeast. I could sit down with this brew it's own meal.

From the Upland site:
Upland Wheat Ale is a classic rendition of the Belgian Witbier (white beer) style. We brew it with organic coriander, chamomile, and orange peel to be light on the tongue and refreshingly tart. In the tradition of the Belgian Wit style, Upland Wheat Ale is unfiltered, allowing suspended yeast to create a cloudy, golden appearance and satisfying mouthfeel. Upland Wheat Ale is the flagship beer of our brewery and the best-selling beer brewed in Indiana.

Comments

Popular Posts