Bully Porter (Gray's)

Today marks the day of the anniversary of the repeal of prohibition. Hooray! In honor of such a wonderful occasion....more beer notes....

I'm going to finish of my notes from my tiny tasting session of Gray's brews. This porter was second on the list. Not to be confused with Boulevard's Bully! Porter.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: I was able to get a thick, chocolate-colored head with a vigorous pour, but it dissipates quickly. It was a dark, almost black brown.

Taste: I tasted a light roast with a light creaminess. The roast wasn't heavy on the tongue and didn't linger like an espresso. I tasted caramel during the drink and as the aftertaste. A nice, drinkable porter. I could see this going well with a chocolate dessert or a steak with onions. Wouldn't overpower any food.

From the Gray's site:
Bully Porter is the newest additions to our family of craft beers. A full bodied rich brew with sweet caramel flavors and subtle malt aroma. Noted by the dark brown body with amber highlights and a crisp frothy head, this is a true beer lovers beer.

Comments

Popular Posts