Dig (New Belgium)

I had this pale ale on tap at a local chain restaurant-bar. I hadn't had it before, and I figured I'd try out something new by New Belgian. It's been a while since I had anything other than the Lips of Faith brews.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This gold-colored brew had a frothy off-white head. The smell was very light hops. Light, but strong enough for me to smell over the bar smells.

Taste: It was almost sweet. There was a light acidity to it like non-citrus fruit. It would probably be a good summertime brew if you want a little more than your standard lager. It would probably pair well with fruit and some lighter dishes.

From the NB site:
Unearth your bottle-opener because this Pale Ale is something you can Dig.

Sorachi Ace hops provides a fresh Spring zing with incredible lemon aroma. Nelson Sauvin is next in line with bursts of passion fruit, mango and peach.

American favorites, Cascade and Centennial round out this crisp, clean Pale Ale.

Dig in!

Comments

Popular Posts