Date Night (Figure 8)

I found these notes hiding away from early spring.

I had been waiting over a year for this date-brewed barleywine to come back. I missed it last time it was brewed. I even went to a local liquor store to see if they had hidden away a growler or two. When I saw that they had brewed a batch I asked about it every time I went it. Was it ready? When will it be on tap? After the wait, this did not disappoint.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was a cloudy dark brown (almost black). The bubbly head was just a ring around the top that stuck with it. It smelled savory and musky.

Taste: Well worth the wait and drive to get this one. It was like a thick date cake. It had the savory sweetness. It had a slight roast at the end. Was it like a good sherry? With the dark ripe fruit tastes, I thought it might be. A bit of cinnamon spiciness came through too.

From the F8 site:
Medjool dates plus a variation on Jumbo Love - this brew is even better than Jumbo

Comments

Popular Posts