Rabbid Rabbit (Three Floyds)

It's note catch up time! I have a few good ones in here.

I had a bottle of this Franco-Belgian Farmhouse ale that I was going to drink for Easter. I lost track of it, but I was finally able to enjoy it. I remember not being overly impressed with it the first time I tried it, but I was still looking forward to drinking it again. It has been in my booze lair for over a year, but it was still fresh and delicious.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This straw-colored brew had a white fizzy head. It was very effervescent with bubbles streaming up the sides of the glass. It smelled yeasty and passion fruity.

Taste: It was thicker and creamier than expected. It was very carbonated with a bitter ptih aftertaste that lingers. I tasted the citrus fruitiness as well. It was a little herbal (chamomile?). I liked it. A light sourness and still a bit hearty.

From the FFF site:
This Franco-Belgian style Farmhouse Ale has an effervescent body and a light straw color. Rabbid Rabbit, with it’s light malt body, augmented by spices, is a complex and frothy beverage with a deceptively high alcohol content. March release.

Comments

Popular Posts