Summer Bitter (Goose Island)

I had a cask pour of this bitter at the Clybourn GI pub. My experience with Juliet was a wonderful one-off experience. I actually ended up trading this bitter with Mr. K after about half way though the pint. In typical GI fashion, it was not impressive. I still respect them getting these styles out to the masses.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was gold with an exceptionally creamy head. I smelled that unique bitter yeast.

Taste: It was watery wort. It was missing something. I tasted the bitter yeast (that corn taste I get from it), but that's about it. Bitters are not supposed to be bursting with complex flavors, but this was really not good. It wasn't foul, just not good to me.

From the GI menu:
Honey color, nutty aroma, biscuity malt flavor, medium body.

Comments

Popular Posts