Warped Speed (Lake Louie)

I headed out to Madison, Wisconsin a couple of weekends ago to enjoy Craft Beer week. While waiting for a friend, I walked to a spot near the hotel called Echo to enjoy their fish fry special, squeaky fried curds, and some local beer. After the long drive, I started out with this scotch ale.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This reddish-brown brew had a bubbly tan head. I could smell the biscuit malt over everything around me. It had heavy to moderate lacing.

Taste: The biscuit malt was the main player with a light bitter hoppiness. The caramel flavors rounded it off. It had a sticky aftertaste. Not a bad brew. Not as grainy as I'd generally go for.

From the Lake Louie site:
Brewed in the classic scotch ale style of the 1700s. with a deep reddish-brown color. Full of body, sweetness & flavor, with a smooth, lightly hopped finished. For the "Big Beer" drinkers among us.

Based on my notes....I could have wrote their description!

Comments

Popular Posts