Whippoorwill (Vintage)

I met up with my friend in Madison, Wisconsin and headed over to Vintage Brewing Co for their brews and fish fry special. My fish at Echo was better...but the beer more than made up for it.

I was able to try three of their brews. I started with this Belgian-style Wit as a nice warm weather beer.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This yellow beer had a thin white head, with bubbles streaming to the top.

Taste: It was a little watery to me. I could taste all the Belgian sugars and yeast. It just wasn't as complex as I was expecting. Refreshing for the heat though. Of the three, it wasn't my favorite.

From the Vintage site:
Our breezy, thirst-quenching Belgian-style Witbier is made with portions of wheat and oats, and lightly infused with real orange peel and spice, for a taste as soft as fluffy clouds on a summer day!

Comments

Popular Posts