2012 Blue Sunday (New Holland)

I'm shelving the winter warmers for the sours, pales, and lighter variety. Summer weather is here (for real this time)!

So this sour is part of their cellar series....but I couldn't help trying it now. Michigan blue berries are some of the best. Thinking of this blueberry sour ale sitting down there was just too much for me.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This brown brew smelled very sour and grape-y. The head was a thin ring of bubbles.

Taste: It was a hard sour that hits the roof of your mouth. It was an earthy blueberry. Fresh and a little twiggy. As fresh as the blueberries in my morning yogurt. I really enjoyed this juicy brew.

From the NH site:
This unique anniversary libation, heritage-blended from our library of barrel-soured beers, exhibits deeply layered flavors of malt and oak, with a tart finish.

Pairings: wild game,poultry & charcuterie.

Comments

Popular Posts