Experimental Beer #7 (Brugge)

On a whim, Mr. K and I drove down to Indy for a weekend. A friend had an art booth at a strawberry festival and it was time to kick of the summer...before it officially starts. A trip to Indy isn't complete without a stop a Brugge Brasserie for some great brews and of course a crepe, moules frites, or a delicious mitraillette.


I stopped in and had this deliciously sour raspberry brew with a grilled artichoke, portobello mushroom, roasted tomato, and truffle oil crepe. Not sure why the crepe wasn't folded...others were. It was very full. Mr. K shared some deliciously tender duck confit and a couple of frites (of course).

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This pink-ish brew had a very thin, white, bubbly head. It smelled of the fruit, both tart and sweet.

Taste: The night before I had been tasting some very rare, very sour, kriek and standard lambics, so this to me was not exceptionally sour. That said, it was undeniably a sour. It really tasted of fresh raspberries. So fresh, I was waiting to get a seed stuck in my teeth! The sharp acidity hides the booziness of this brew. I sipped it waiting for my food to come out, and it didn't change too much as it warmed. The flavors were intense from the start.

From the Brugge site:
Brewed using pure agave nectar & fresh raspberries. Very sour.

Comments

Popular Posts