Devil's Drip (Figure 8)

I had the chance to enjoy this Belgian-style tripel on my first of many visits to the new F8 brew pub. It actually went very well with my rich mac & cheese.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This orange brew had a thin bubbly head. It smelled like sweet Belgian sugars. A touch of banana aroma came through.

Taste: It was a bit boozy and pretty sweet. It would be a great dessert. It brought out the sweetness of the cheese in my dinner. I got the spicy clove and something else that I couldn't put my finger on. It wasn't the standard weihenstephan yeast banana/cloveness. It seemed that there was more to it.

From the F8 site:
A classic Tripel, complete with yeast esters from its double fermentation expressing themselves as flavors of bananas and cloves.

Comments

Popular Posts