Illumination (Central Waters)

Where has Central Waters been all of my life? I guess they've been in Wisconsin, at least since 1996. Local Option had a couple of their brews on tap. Since this is my first experience with them, I can't say that all of their brews are amazing, but this DIPA was a great introduction to this brewery for a hop enthusiast.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This straw-colored brew had a thick frothy head. The brew left nice strings of lacing from the hop oils as I drank it down. It smelled like grass. Very green and earthy.

Taste: It was bitter with a light sweetness that took the edge off. It tasted like drinking an evergreen...it a good way. The other two people at the table enjoyed a couple of shared sips. I'd be rude not to share a brew this good!

Comments

Popular Posts