Resin (Sixpoint Craft Ales)

I had been wanting to try this IPA since Sixpoint came to Indiana. Just the name alone brings piney goodness to my mind. You can see the whole story of Resin on their site. If you have five minutes, give it a watch. Would be better with a pint of this hoppy-goodness in hand. I enjoyed a half pint in a local brewpub. Good thing they had it...the beers made at the joint were less than desirable.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This gold brew had a solid bubbly head. It left heavy lacing as I drank it. I could smell pithy hops over the bar.

Taste: Even through the overly-chilled brew, I could taste the citrus. I could taste the pale malt. What made this beer special, a brew I'd go out of my way for was the sharp piney bitterness. Even with that sharpness, it smoothed out by the end. It was quite nice. Straightforward and just what I'd look for some days.

From the Sixpoint site:
Whatever flames upon the night.
Man's own resinous heart has fed.
A beer that celebrates the extraction of hop resin for a concentrated yet balanced brew.

Comments

Popular Posts