Twist of F8 (Figure 8)

On our last day of 100° weather, I caved and got a pint of this watermelon wheat. I had tried it on one of my first visits to F8. I wasn't a huge fan, but I'm not one for fruit wheats. I figured with the heat and time of year for the perfect slice of watermelon, I might be in the mood for this.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It had a really foamy head. It was orange-ish. It smelled juicy sweet.

Taste: It was a hearty wheat. It was watermelon sweet. I want to say like a Jolly Rancher...which just sounds awful. It wasn't that awful, but it wasn't my pint of beer. It was well-crafted for what it was. I can see this being a top seller. Mr. K was nice enough to swap at the half pint for his biscuity Camp 4 brown ale. If you aren't a huge fan of the fruit wheats, but still have a hankering, go for the half pint.

From the menu:
Watermelon wheat ale is a blend of three grains with hallertauer hops and a hint of watermelon that wafts above the pleasant summer-style wheat for a refreshing finish.

Comments

Popular Posts