Finestkind (Smuttynose)

I ordered a pint of this pithy IPA from the tap at Green Door Tavern. This interesting little pub is a comfortable spot. I had a satisfying dinner at the bar and participated in a booze and paint session in the '20s speakeasy downstairs. I drank it to help give me some inspiration for my first-ever painting.


General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This straw-colored brew was a bit cloudy.

Taste: It was pithy and piney. It was a good, standard IPA. One I'd recommend you try if you see this NH brew on tap. I ordered two.

From the Smuttynose site:
You could say, then, that Smuttynose IPA is a physical salute to the glory of the American hop grower. The citrusy hop flavor coming from a mixture of Simcoe and Santiams is pleasantly balanced by a smooth bitterness from the Amarillo hops. The beer itself is light bodied and crisp with a golden color that will throw a slight haze, as we bottle it unfiltered. At 75 IBU's, this is definitely not a training-wheels IPA, but is meant for hop lovers looking to satisfy their craving in a way that's not easy to find. We think they’ll be quite pleased.

Comments

Popular Posts