Good Juju (left Hand)

I saw this brew earlier this summer/spring and really kept myself from buying it. With hands full and already spending too much, I sacrificed a taste of this. Knowing I could find it on tap somewhere, I skipped the six pack. Finally, in August, I was able to get a pint. It is a solid brew. Worth the six pack for the hottest summer days. It's a sweet ale to balance out all the light summer lagers.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This pale gold brew had a think head of tiny white bubble. Smelled slightly sweet with light ginger.

Taste: This thin ale had a strong ginger flavor with tons of sweet to balance out the ginger sharpness. More sweet than I thought was necessary. It was a combo of malt sweetness and pure extract syrup.

From the Left Hand site:
Fresh ginger kisses the lithe malty body, copulating with the hop in this pale ale ancestor.

Emancipate yourself from the dead of winter, none but the vernal equinox can free the light. A refreshing frivolity. Hey mon. Shuccha fwangaa! Better a witch doctor than a trouble maker. Quit yor’ bitchin’ an’ get to witchin’.

Comments

Popular Posts