Hennepin (Ommegang)

I ordered this farmhouse saison to go with my chicken wrap at the Green Door Tavern. It was a nice refreshing standard for a hot summer day. I was shocked to see that I didn't have notes for this brew. I drank it quite a bit when I lived in Kansas City. I think it's a one of my many neglected brews. I know it's good, but I'm craft brew spoiled out here. It has a high enough distribution that you should be able to find it easily. I did not get the picture in the signature glass.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: The creamy head sticks around for a while. It's made of tiny bubbles. This straw-colored brew smells a bit wild.

Taste: I tasted light grain and floral hops. It had a creamy aftertaste. The aftertaste was pronounced and hung around for a while. It was like a bready dessert with a floral hoppiness. Very nice.

From the Ommegang site:
Ale with spices: Grains of paradise, ginger, coriander and sweet orange peel. Hearty and full-bodied, hoppy and crisp. Hennepin was made to quench your thirst for the unknown.

Comments

Popular Posts