Fred (Hair of the Dog)

I've had the opportunity to try some of these Hair of the Dog brews. I think I've even tried this Golden Strong Ale before. I just never wrote about it, so I can't give you any details. I had a small pour of this brew to accompany my rich and hearty Bloody Mary and flavorful castelvetrano olive foccacia (soft scrambled eggs, peperonata & prosciutto) at The Publican.


General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This gold brew had a solid white head made up of tiny bubbles. It smelled sour and spiced. The oils and sugars left heavy lacing as I drank it down.

Taste: It was a very tart sour with some musky and sweet pear tastes. A good contrast to the spicy Bloody Mary.

From the Hair of the Dog site:
Golden Strong Ale produced with Pilsner, Rye and Belgian candi sugar.

Comments

Popular Posts