König Ludwig Weißbier (König Ludwig)

I was really surprised that I had not yet written notes about this brew. I've had nights where this is all I drank. For a wheat, it's very good. It's smooth, it's hearty, it's a standard. I'm wondering if I've neglected this brew for the past three years. It gets a special place as my 500th post!

Trying it in note-taking mode made me actually think about what I was tasting, I saw it in a new light.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This golden brew had a foamy white head that stuck around for a while. The wheat was definitely the main smell, but I got a grassy hoppiness I never noticed before.

Taste: It was a very creamy. I tasted that grassiness too. Never thought of it before. The wheat was hearty and clean. It was a substantial brew. It's widely available too.

From the König Ludwig site:
Our wheat beer, König Ludwig Weißbier, is brewed using traditional methods and is bottle fermented (the “méthode champenoise”). This produces a lively, refreshing beer with a tight head and flavour notes of apple and bananas, which is highly accepted in many parts of the world. In its home market, König Ludwig Weißbier is among the top 6 wheat beer brands and is widely recognized as a Bavarian specialty.

Comments

Popular Posts