Solar Collector (Figure 8)

This brew was actually part of my Beer 101: A Taste of Summer session. I hadn't written about this yet, because the picture I took was pre-wheat. It was just too clear! This is a deliciously cloudy American Pale Wheat and the picture I took just didn't reflect that! This picture isn't great, but you can see the thickness.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This gold brew had a thick frothy head that dissipated fairly quickly. I smelled the grain, I smelled the breadiness, I smelled the slight sweetness. It smelled like orange peel, a touch.

Taste: This brew had a crisp acidity to it to balance out the creaminess of the wheat. It had a nice earthiness from the grain.

From the F8 site:
A blend of three grains with amarillo hops both in the boil and during fermentation give this golden yellow brew a light citrus nose and refreshing finish.

Comments

Popular Posts