After Rakin' Autumn Ale (Breckenridge)

Breckenridge Brewery is one of those consistently good breweries. It's one of those breweries I neglect while I try new brews. These are my first notes on a Breckenridge brew, and it's a good place to start.

This autumn ale was part of a mix pack I made to get the taste of fall. It was a good standard harvest brew that made it into my brew class lineup.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This brew had an off-white head made up of tiny bubbles. It was dark brown with a slight amber tint. I smelled spice and caramel maltiness. It was toasted.

Taste: It was very light. Lighter than expected. I tasted the caramel and light spice. It wasn't overpowering; I could really enjoy it. I got that toasted malt taste that I smelled. It added another layer of deliciousness to it that was very nice to have. It would be a good bonfire grill too!

From the Breckenridge site:
Time to dust off your Lederhosen. Our fall seasonal combines the malty goodness of a German lager with the clean crispness of an American ale. Brewed with Munich malts and a delicate blend of Bavarian hops, it's a full-bodied treat with a nutty-sweet middle, a warming alcohol level and notes of toasted grains. A pre-winter winner.

Toasted grains? My taste buds were dead on with this one.

Comments

Popular Posts