Felt Board Messiah (Greenbush)

While I was at Greenbush earlier this month, I got the chance to try this Belgian Tripel brewed with Vignole grapes from Domaine Berrien Winery. My Vignole experience is limited to the goodies I get from Les Bourgeois (a small MO winery). I don't remember it being too sweet. It was more acidic with a little floral fruitiness. When I saw this brew on the chalkboard, I thought I'd give it a whirl.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This gold brew had a dark red/brown tint to it. It had a rich and creamy head. It looked silky in the glass. It sticks around for a long while. The sugars in this brew left heavy lacing as I drank it down. I couldn't smell much over the bar.

Taste: It was sweet, tart and juicy. I enjoyed it. Yet the more I drank it, the more I started comparing it to wine, which wasn't good. As a Belgian though, this is pretty darned good. It's more like a Bière de Garde with that tart flavor.

I wish I would have asked one of the bartenders about the name...

Comments

Popular Posts