Mr. Hyde (Greenbush)

'Tis the season for stouts. I had the opportunity to try this Sumatran Cream Stout before the weather got unseasonably, yet beautifully, warm. The coffee roast was a nice mood booster.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This black coffee had a creamy and bubbly head. It smelled of rich coffee and left heavy lacing on the glass as I drank it down.

Taste: It was very roasted. I got a bit of a coffee grind to it. The aftertaste was a bitter roast. It was pretty dry. This brew is one to sit and enjoy. It's an after-dinner brew or a breakfast brew, it doesn't hide the coffee.

Looking at the notes there is talk of biscuit malt and dates. I'll have to taste into it further when I start drinking the six-pack I grabbed on my way out of the pub.

From the Greenbush site:
A collaboration with Small Bar - Chicago
Grain: Maris otter, biscuit malt, carafa iii, crystal 10l, crystal 60l, crystal 120l, pureed dates
Hops: Goldings and Cascade
Yeast: House yeast
Extras: Sumatran Coffee

Comments

Popular Posts