Honker's Ale (Goose Island)

Why do I continue to suffer through GI brews? I'm really not sure. Part of it is that their brews are highly available. It's better than some others in spots with fewer tap selections. This ale is one that I know people drink. As soon as I ordered it, I realized what I had done. But this one wasn't too bad.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was an amber-brown. I had white head and left light lacing as I drank it down. It had a slightly grainy smell to it.

Taste: It tasted like pennies. It was mentioned that it might be the lines...but this wouldn't be the first time I've had a copper-tasting GI brew. Could it be their kegs? The water? I know I'm not a fan of their yeasts. It was slightly biscuity and sweet. The site calls it an ESB, but I don't get that typical yeast and bitterness you get with that style.

From the GI site:
Inspired by visits to English country pubs, Honker’s Ale combines a fruity hop aroma with a rich malt middle to create a perfectly balanced beer. Immensely drinkable, Honker’s Ale is not only the beer you can trust but one you’ll look forward to time and again.

Comments

Popular Posts