Farmhouse Ale (BBC)

I had a bottle of this Saison lurking in my lair. I had gotten it a while back from a fellow beer enthusiast and made it part of my cellar clear out. I'm trying to get all of the ones I know/think won't age well out of there. So far I've only had one outright baddie, the rest may not be at their peak. This being a farmhouse brew should have kept a little better. But it was time to drink this as a last nod to the Indian Summer we've been having.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This gold brew had a white, bubbly head that settled down quickly. It smelled sweet and tart, with some apple fruitiness.

Taste: It was a bit musky, tart, and light. It was as a good farmhouse Saison should be. Not having had it before, I can't tell if there was any degradation in taste or change of the funkiness from the aging. It was in line with other BBC brews I've had as far as complexity and overall taste.

There are better Saisons out there, this isn't pushing the limits. That said, this was good, and I'd drink it again.

Comments

Popular Posts