Two Tugs (Half Acre/Perennial Artisan Ales)

So much for my week of Half Acre posts. It's catch up time after missing a few days due to holiday madness and my annual cold.

I had a snifter of this brown ale on tap at the Half Acre tap room. Once I saw that it was a collaboration with Perennial Artisan Ales out of St. Louis, I had to try it. I've been so close to Perennial, but didn't know it was there until a couple I met in Chicago this summer told me about it! This new brewery started their operation in September 2011 and have a tap room on South Michigan Ave. This brew is only available for purchase in Chicago. I grabbed a couple of bombers after my snifter.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This brown ale was nearly black. It had a creamy tan head. I smelled the malt sweetness.

Taste: It was smooth, it was creamy, it was malty. It was a good brown ale. A little heavier and creamier than some. A nice winter brew.

From the Perennial site and Half Acre menu:
Two Tugs is a collaboration between Perennial Artisan Ales and Half Acre. Brewed in Chicago at the Half Acre Brewery, this beer is a brawny brown ale coming in at 8% ABV.

Comments

Popular Posts