Freeze Frame (Hunter's Brewing)

I was happy to try this Belgian Stout. I'm a big fan of stouts, especially this time of year. I tried their delicious coffee roasted porter, Porter County, last time. This sweeter-style stout was just as good.

One of the brewers was telling the story behind the name while I was there. Apparently, she travels a lot and was on the way to the airport. A snow storm came in. She went back to the shop and brewed this Freeze Frame stout. I'd like to imagine they were dancing around to the J. Geils Band's Freeze Frame whilst brewing this.


General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This black brew has a coffee-colored head that quickly settles to a ring. That ring sticks around. I smelled the sweetness.

Taste: It was slightly sweet, sticky sweet. It was rich. At 4.7% I'm surprised that I got a slight booziness to this. It was very thick and rich. It was drier than the chocolate wheat beer I tasted beside it.

Comments

Popular Posts