Smokestack (Shoreline)

It's been quite a while since I've been to Shoreline Brewery and Restaurant. It's a good local spot, but the beers aren't worth going out of my way for. Looking through my notes on their beers, I didn't have many. Looking through the menu, I had tried most of them. I think Shoreline's hit-or-miss selection was one of the reasons I started this blog. I just couldn't remember which were good and which were so-so. Not a lot of change since I last visited.

I was in the area waiting for a dinner reservation at a LaPorte B&B, so I stopped in. I ordered a beer that I don't remember trying, this smoked porter.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This black brew had a frothy off-white head. It smelled like smoked and chocolate malt.

Taste: It was smoky and very roasted. It was creamy but had an acidic bitterness. I got some caramel flavors. The smoke lingered in the aftertaste. This would be really good with red meat or a hearty salad. It wasn't that great on its own. I would have been fine with a half pint of it. That said, in the right mood, I might order this again.

Comments

Popular Posts