Even More Jesus (Evil Twin)

I had the luxury of visiting my favorite pizza spot in KC. It's not just the pizza, it's the beer list that keeps Waldo Pizza on my mind. With Firestone Walker's Parabola sold out, I went to my second pick.

This imperial stout was a special pick. I shared the small bottle with my partner in the Waldo adventure. While his tastes favor more bitter brews, he was quite pleased with my generosity. You can't deny the allure and decadence of Even More Jesus.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This
black brew was incredibly viscous. It had a dark chocolate head. It smelled chocolaty with a slight roast.

Taste: It had the bitter grittiness of a Mexican ground chocolate. It had a slight roast on the aftertaste. It was smooth. It was rich. It was a beer to savor. Between this, the Imperial Biscotti Break, and a couple of others I've sampled, I think I'm in love with Evil Twin.

From the Evil Twin site:
A few times in the history of craft beer it has happened that a highly praised beer rises beyond mortal stardom into a higher godly league. Usually the recipe to make such heavenly drops is thick fudge-like body, pitch black color, amazingly overwhelming aromas of chocolate, coffee, dark fruits and muscovado sugar, obviously only made in limited amounts and most crucial of all – it must taste rare!

Comments

Popular Posts