Femme Fatale Brett (Evil Twin)

On a recent trip to my favorite KC pizza joint, the friendly waitress noticed my love of good brew. Based on my beer orders (of available and sold out brews), she brought over a healthy sample of this IPA brewed with brettanomyces yeast. It was very nice of her.

It was a very nice brew. If I hadn't been with coworkers, I would have hung around to enjoy a full pour of this brew.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was a transparent light yellow/crisp gold. The white head sticks. It smelled like candied orange peels. It was sweet, pithy, and tangy.

Taste: It was pithy with a bitterness that sticks. It was slightly sour. It was crisply acidic. The sweetness balanced it out. I drank it mostly before I decided to write about it. It was worth writing about. I won't pass it up the next time I see it.

From the Evil Twin site:
To take up the challenge and make a 100% true Brett beer can very easily become a fatal attraction for the Brewmaster. Ones you get acquainted with Bretts irresistible, seductive, alluring and very charming nature, it will ensnare you and drive you to the point of obsession to create the desirable tangy, funky, tart flavor in ya mouth.

Comments

Popular Posts