Tekkno Trance (Brauerei Hirt)

This beer was awful. One of two awful beers I had on a recent trip to Italy. I had to get that out of the way before I add any narrative and context. Honestly the smelliness of this beer may have tainted my taste for the whole evening. Before offering a sip to one of my brave companions, I had to tell her not to smell it. It was really just the smell that was quite awful. Was it expired? The few ratings listed  on RateBeer seem to confirm that this was pretty standard for this brew.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This yellow beer had a thick white head. But I couldn't get past the stink on this. Corn, rice? I didn't want to try to find out.

Taste: Moving past the stink, it was sweet with no real aftertaste. So it tasted way better than it smelled, but that doesn't say much. I generally try to be pretty objective, just stating the facts (sweet, bitter, etc.), but I can't help just putting out there that this was pretty awful. The guy on the bottle was probably trying to warn me!

Comments

Popular Posts