Hotel Dinner and Copperhead (Free State)

While I was content to have a wheat beer for dinner, I saw that the hotel I was stuck in had a "sushi" bar. A couple of people around me ordered meals from the menu. Their food didn't look bad, so I thought I'd try it out. I was trying to avoid the cheese drenched, grease-soaked, carb packed, hotel food I normally end up with. I couldn't pass up the opportunity for some greens and fish.

I ended up with unagi sushi and asparagus rolls. It was, ok. The eel was drenched in sweet sauce. The veg was sort of bland. You'd think that they could get fresher asparagus in the Midwest. The rice was chewy. I actually ate the veg out of the rolls! I've never done that in my life.

Near the end of my meal, I ordered this Pale Ale hoping the hop oils would cleanse my palate.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This gold brew had a slight red tint. The white head left a thin white ring around the top.

Taste: It was citrusy with a nice malt balance. It did the trick. My mouth tasted only hops, grain, water, and yeast! This wasn't a bad beer at all. I probably wouldn't go out of my way for it, but I'd definitely order it again.

From the Free State site:
The hop forward character you’d expect from a Pale Ale, with Cascade hops lending a distinctive citrusy aroma and rich flavor.

Comments

Popular Posts